A New Wedding Update: Collecting RSVPs
February 5th, 2014
I’d have to say, if I could pick one thing to be the most challenging of the entire wedding process, it would most certainly be getting those RSVPs. If a wedding doesn’t make you realize how disconnected people are from each other and even common decency, I don’t know what will.
- We had a track record of 17 invitations get returned to us because of incorrect addresses or lack of being notified of change of address or even the post office claiming that the address did not exist (which in some cases were very ironic because people did not complain about not receiving their Save-the-Date.)
- Erick and I both had people whom were not even on our invite list asking us why their invitation had not arrived.
- I am still attempting to reach 20 families whom either their phone numbers were wrong/not in service or their email address is no longer in use. Which means the only means of contact I have is via their mailing address. What a pickle.
- We had people think that if their RSVP was not in the mail by the deadline, they would be automatically uninvited from the wedding. (a new one for me, but it happened from both families and with friends)
- I had to resort to contacting people through Facebook because I have no alternative contact.
If there was one thing that really made me feel like we as human beings are not as connected as we once were before is the simple fact that I had to resort to reaching out to people through social media. It kind of bugged me…a lot.